Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Friday, January 05, 2007

AUTUMN DREAMS by Gayle Roper

Autumn Dreams
Multnomah Publishers
ISBN: 1-59052-127-7



AUTUMN DREAMS is Book Three in Gayle's Seaside Seasons. While I haven't read the first two, the setting of this book alone would make me want to read the others. At times, this story seemed to drag, or the characters' dialogue rambled a tad, but the actual story was so good it hardly bothered me. I really, really, really, really liked this hero. I love how he treated the heroine, and came alongside her to help with family matters. I like how he dealt with the teens, and complimented the heroine unabashed. Gayle did a great job of helping me understand what made the heroine tick. The villain in this book was nice and creepy too. The parts where we glimpsed him offset the emotion with suspense just when you thought things were going well...here he pops up again with an evil agenda. I like how this book was executed. The plot, although a little predictable, was intricate and the characters real and distinct. Warm read. Oh, and did I tell you the book has a B & B in it? You can never go wrong with a B & B book! If you've ever had anyone in your family suffer with dementia or altzheimers, you will surely identify with Cass (heroine) of this book, as her mother suffers from it. I absolutely loved the opening scene too, and how Gayle portrayed a dementia patient and how that affects a family.

Squirrel

3 Comments:

At 4:17 AM, January 06, 2007, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Thanks for the review, Squirl! I heard this book won the RITA award, too.
Camy

 
At 2:56 PM, January 16, 2007, Anonymous Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Sounds good! Guess my TBR pile just got one book taller....

-Alison
blog.alisonstrobel.com

 
At 10:32 PM, January 29, 2007, Blogger Shauna said...

Okay, I have the whole Seaside Seasons series (4 books) and they are all MUST reads. I agree that this third one dragged a little in places, but the first two, in my opinion, are by far the best! The titles are Spring Rain, Summer Shadows, Autumn Dreams and Winter Winds. Read them! You won't regret it! Gayle Roper is fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home