Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday....Interview with Rachel

Lost in Nashvegas

Last week, I stocked groceries in Freedom, Alabama. This week, I live in Nashville, Tennessee about to take the stage at the famous Bluebird Café.

Sounds fantastic, doesn’t it? Only one problem. I’m terrified to sing in front of people.

But after twenty-five years of being ruled by fear, hiding from my dream, I confronted my limited reality and left home. Forget the hometown hunk who wants to make me queen of his doublewide. Forget Momma’s doubt-inspiring tirade. I can make it in Music City… Can’t I?

God put the longing to write songs in my heart. If He’s for me, who can be against me? Not even my own fear can overshadow His love. So, I gathered my old guitar, my notebook full of songs and packed up my ’69 Chevy pickup. Look out NashVegas, the next hit songwriter is coming to town.
With the help of my cousin, and a few new friends, especially handsome contractor, Lee Rivers, my dream finds the light of day. As I face my first night at the Bluebird Café, I realize…

I might just do what comes naturally. Look for the nearest exit, and run!


Hi Rachel, I’m glad to have you here at FabFour Book Picks. All though this is a review blog, I normally write something sarcastic and put here every Saturday. But today I’m going to feature you. Which I could go into a sarcastic bit about writing… or you, but I’ll refrain. :o)

HDT - I have not had the great pleasure of reading Lost in NashVegas yet. It’s sitting on my desk at home and I’m out of the state til the end of the month. What was your favorite part about writing this book?

RH - I loved being able to create Robin's journey. It was hard in the beginning, but I loved making her dream become reality. Loved writing about a character who overcomes and doesn't settle for seconds.


HDT - How does what is going on with you spiritually affect your writing?

RH - I try to stay in a good place spiritually and emotionally. God so gracious to me. I have noticed if I'm emotionally off, it effects my writing. Like feeling discouraged, or upset at someone or something makes me not want to write. I doubt myself. Yet, I find the way to overcome and solve that problem is spiritual. I hop on the keyboard and worship, or listen to some of my fav worship leaders. Or, just go to war in prayer.


HDT - You’re an amazing worship leader, did you ever dream of going to Nashville , yourself? Where you living vicariously through Robin?

RH - Unfortuately, I didn't do much to develop my musical ability. I was in college before I knew I could sing. But, I honestly believe it was God's way for me. I don't really sing at all unless it's for worship.

I did dream of being another Amy Grant for a short season, but God had other things in mind for me. I'm very happy with what I'm doing.


HDT - Do you have a favorite laugh out loud line from Nashvegas?

RH - I have several laugh out loud lines in NashVegas. While writing it, I laughed a lot, but can't think of any specifics right now. Maybe the scene at the Frothy Monkey. I laughed several while writing and rewriting it.


HDT -Thanks for stopping by Rachel, it’s been a pleasure having you here!

RH - Thanks for having me! It was an honor.

[Author bio]
Rachel Hauck is a multi-published author living in sunny and sometimes hurricane plagued, central Florida with her husband and ornery pets . She is a graduate of The Ohio State University with a BA in Journalism. Visit her blog and web site at www.rachelhauck.com.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, November 12, 2006, Blogger eileen said...

Not one sarcastic comment...

Rachel's characters rock in Lost in Nashvegas. I've had the opportunity to read it and really enjoyed every page. Great job, Rachel. And Heather.

 
At 7:12 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

I can't wait to read it! Great interview.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home