Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday

“We’re having a slight problem getting our right engine started. We’ll be here just a few more minutes.”

Yeah, that’s what everyone on a plane wants to hear. That’s exactly what I heard earlier this week while sitting on a runway in Dallas. Groans floated up from all the passengers. They didn’t have any air going which made everyone all grumbley.

For whatever reason the pilot wasn’t starting his engine the normal way. He had a ground cart doing it. Whatever that is. (And no I don’t need someone to comment and tell me what it is, I just don’t care.)

They broke the ground cart… methinks this is a bad thing. “Sorry folks it will just be a few more minutes. They’re trying to find another ground cart.” Okay if these things are so important why don’t they have more of them?? By now everyone is beyond grumbley. Everyone is hot… so our lovely flight attendant says, “If everyone will close your window shades it will help with the heat some.” Okay, first off, it was 50 degrees in Dallas that day. I hardly think that’s what was making it hot on the freaking plane. “And you can pull out your emergency instructions in the seat pocket in front of you and fan yourself with it.” Yeah THAT makes it so much better.

Second ground cart FINALLY gets there—apparently they had to get it from the other side of the airport. Everyone starts to relax again, then we heard all this air being blasted on our right. They blew a house on that cart. Can you just hear the groans when the Captain tells us that? “Just be a few more minutes folks. The ground crew has an idea.” Yeah, like that’s what you want to hear. They have an IDEA.

Finally, after an hour of being on the runway we took off with no other incidents. Lucky for me, I had someone just as sarcastic as me in the seat next to me. This made for a funny time instead of miserable. Okay, so it didn’t hurt that dude was good looking and single. LOL

5 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, November 04, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Um, didn't you tell them that Pammer said to get you a NEW plane? I was praying big time over that delay. :D

Those planes do get stuffy after a bit with no air. I can't remember which leg of the trip, we had a delay like that. They wanted me to close the shade but I'm claustrophobic so that wasn't a great idea.

Glad you arrived all safe and sound. So what did you do with the hottie? :D

 
At 2:33 PM, November 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so scared of heights. I do not fly. You are very brave. I would have gotton off the plane and not back on it again. So, What did you do with the hottie next to you?
Brittanie
www.xanga.com/booklover1983

 
At 2:35 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Yeah, you didn't get digits????
Camy

 
At 8:51 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

Ew, Brittanie asks a good question. What did you do with the hottie? Yum, yum.

Ok, the IDEA part was too funny. LOL! That's book fodder, woman!

 
At 6:53 AM, November 14, 2006, Blogger Robin Caroll said...

I'm hearing John Denver playing in the background! LOLOLOLOLOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home