Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Friday, October 27, 2006

a mile from sunday by jo kadlecek

A Mile from Sunday by Jo Kadlecek
Publisher: Navpress
ISBN-60006-028-5
2006 release
From The Lightfoot Trilogy


From Back Cover:

SOMETIMES WOLVES PRAY IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING
The perfect hair product is out there for girls with uncontrollably fruzzy curls. So is the perfect piece of chocolate. So is the perfect man. And so is a good, warm, fuzzy, inspirational lead story. Jonna Lightfoot McLaughlin, religion reporter for the Denver Dispatch, knows all this to be true. She just can't find proof. For any of it. Then one day a series of mysterious messages appears on her voicemail, and she is thrown into a story that may drastically affect her career, and, if she's not careful, her life.

Clues from untraceable sources collide with duplicitous ministers, ambiquous monks, and one exceptionally good-looking community center director. With the help of her supportive editor and her savvy, fellow chocoholic colleague, as well as the protection of her big brother, she might break the biggest story of the year-and find some of that inspiration after all.

Cheryl here:

For someone who prefers category romance over single title stories, I have to say this book went fast. The first sentence hooked me, and the rest of the book just seemed to fly by. I don't care for first person stories, but honestly, first person made this book even more special. I loved the character of Jonna.

For those of you looking for fresh Christian fiction that's both lighthearted and REAL....I highly recommend this book. The plot really interested me, and I found the secondary characters delightful. I absolutely loved the unique writing in this book

As another writer...I'm totally impressed at how Jo put me right in the story and made me feel like one of the characters. I'm definitely eagerly awaiting her next book to come out, and this one's going on the keeper shelf.


Squirrel

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, October 27, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

oooh I have this book on my desk I need to read it!

 
At 6:23 PM, October 29, 2006, Blogger ScrollSquirrel said...

Hey...who got the cover to go up there? I don't know what's up but I'm having the hardest time getting the covers to post. I still haven't managed to get Dana's cover up. It acts like it uploads it. It even says, Done in the blue sideways oval...but when I go to view the blog..the html code isn't there and no picture. Very wierd and frustrating. So thanks to whoever got it up there.

Squirrel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home