Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday

Nachos. All I want for Christmas is nachos.

I’m not talking fancy nachos with tons of stuff on them. I’m talking cheap, liquid cheese over the top of the chips, with some jalapeños for good measure. How hard can it be to find these things?

At the conference, Robin and I were jonesing badly for them. Could we get them anywhere? Noooooo. Then for a week in Little Rock we tried to find them and couldn’t. What’s up with that? Robin by the way has since had nachos and she took great pleasure in calling me and telling me all about it.

Is there a shortage on liquid cheese? Did they come up with new and improved uses for this type of cheese? Oh, let me guess… everyone is so dang gourmet these days that no one wants the old cheap thing.

Now I’m sure you can still get them at high school football games but come on. We all know how I feel about teenagers. That SO isn’t happening.

You can probably get them at a movie theater but I wouldn’t know seeing as I haven’t been to a movie in years. In this day and age why pay that much for a movie when you can have the DVD delivered to your door so much cheaper.

All I want are some freaking nachos.

What’s something you’ve been wanting lately that you can’t find anymore?

5 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, October 29, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Sheesh, girl! You should see the price of the those little cheap nachos at the movie!
Well, I know two teenagers you like just fine. :D
There are lots of things. Whatever happened to clove candy? Hmmm? Or how about that clove gum. Or that blackjack gum. And one other thing I can't find, and it's because they new and improved it to death, is that old fashioned Prell shampoo. I loved the smell of that. For years I could smell that stuff and think of Christian camp. sigh.
So many joys of my childhood I can't share with my kids because they no longer make it, or it's new and improved.
If you come and visit me I know where to get some cheap nachos. (Quick Trip has them for a decent price.....and Taco Bell too.)

 
At 6:47 AM, October 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister used to love DooDads snack mix. We have not been able to find it in like ten years. It is probably safe to say they do not make it anymore. As for me I would like to be able to plastic bottles of MUG rootbeer places. :) Brittanie
www.xanga.com/booklover1983

 
At 5:31 PM, October 29, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

What's wrong with going to the store and buying chips and velveeta and a can of sliced jalepenos? A minute or two in the microwave and you're done.

Actually, I love real cheese on nachos instead, plus the already-shredded stuff is pretty cheap at safeway.

Camy

 
At 9:54 PM, October 29, 2006, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Carnation Breakfast Bars. Used to eat them in high school. SOOOO yummy, and now apparently all gone. :( Oh, and the hush puppies they used to serve at Red Lobster. Mmmm-mmm-mmm.......

 
At 8:18 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

I'm with Camy. Nachos in the oven with REAL cheese. Yum!!!! Add a margarita and you are SO good to go.

And, yeah Alson. Where did thost breakfast bars go. My hubby misses those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home