Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday

How you know you’re broker than broke.

1.) When you jab a finger into the coin return of every payphone (do people even use those anymore??) you pass. Ahh, don’t forget doing the same with all the soda machines too.

2.) You walk into walls because your head is always down scanning the ground for loose change. (Or maybe you’re just a dingbat…I have a couple of those that read these posts regularly. LOL)

3.) When you can only buy peanut butter (full of protein!) or Jelly (fruitiness, rocks!) but not both. Aww, who needs stinking PB&J anyway??

4.) When people start using you as a charitable write off...

5.) If you’re a writer and don’t have a real job.

6.) When people start flipping quarters into your Starbucks cup while you sit at an outside table… me thinks you look pretty broke, hmm or maybe you just need a makeover.

7.) Instead of getting your own house, you become America’s Houseguest. (awww, such is my life. LOL)

What say you?

8 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, October 21, 2006, Anonymous Pet said...

It's gotta be PB&J or it's just not worth putting the bread together.

And writing is too a real job...you just don't get that all convenient paycheck as often as bills need to get paid.

Oh...and that's not why I bump into walls. So :-p~

Btw, being a houseguest isn't all that bad. ;-)

xoxoxo, Pet

 
At 9:37 PM, October 21, 2006, Blogger Robin Caroll said...

Or, you cut off the moldy top of cheese and eat what's under....hey, maybe it has medicinal qualities, yeah? LOLOL

 
At 9:39 PM, October 21, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Don't forget the ramen for like 6 cents a package on sale.

 
At 9:43 PM, October 21, 2006, Blogger Robin Caroll said...

lol...you and those noodles, chick! LOL

 
At 8:34 AM, October 22, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Or you look in your cupboard to fix dinner for two hungry children and equally hungry hubby (who just came in nasty dirty from work) only to find noodles and...ahem, MORE noodles. My hubby says I can make a meal out of nothing.

I KNOW you weren't refering to me when you said dingbat, teehee. Besides, I'm good at finding change. I walked by a tree on our walk, leaned over and scooped up a dime. My son says, "HOW do you, the one who needs glasses, SEE stuff like that?!" I have NO clue, lol.

 
At 8:03 PM, October 22, 2006, Blogger Queenie said...

When supper is burping up lunch.

Q

 
At 8:29 PM, October 22, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

LOL! Oh my gosh that's gross!!!
Camy

 
At 11:19 PM, October 22, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

ROTFL!!! You guys are a riot! Heather, love the bumping into walls. How about you know you're broker than broke when you can't even finish a top 10. LOL!

Number two's my favorite. I walk into walls no matter what. I've yet to navigate through a doorway without checking the trim up close and personal. LOL! Too funny...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home