Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday

Them and You

Would you like fries with that? Did I order fries with that?

For an additional ten dollars, we can add on a super-duper gadgety thingie that you’ll never have any use for. I’m sorry, do I have fool stamped on my forehead?

Can I interest you in upgrading to our newest model? Okay. Did we not just have a long drawn out conversation where we decided this was the best model for me? Not two seconds ago, it was perfect for me and now you want me to UPGRADE? May I give you my first born, too??

You and Them

Can I have extra whip on that? Sigh, sucks air through teeth and rolls eyes.

Can I have the gravy on the side? “Um.” Twirls hair around finger and pops gum. “That’s not how we have it on the menu, so I’m not sure.”

Could you make those separate checks please? “Separate? But you’re all sitting at the same table, you aren’t separate.”

They offer what you don’t want and won’t give you what you do want. No fries, fool is not stamped on my forehead, no upgrade needed. Give me extra whip before I smack you, put the gravy on the side and separate the checks!

7 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Pet said...

LMAO!!

This is so well said...bravo!

 
At 11:28 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

LOL Obviously I pay Pet to support everything I write.

 
At 11:32 PM, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Pet said...

Is that what that nickel was for? Boy...I'm cheap!

;D

 
At 11:33 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

LOL so not touching that comment

 
At 11:38 PM, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Pet said...

Are you sure you don't want to? C'mon, it was a freebie, too.

hehehehehe...okay, I'll behave. See what happens when you get me while I'm writing?

 
At 6:25 PM, October 08, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Teehee.

It takes all kinds. Not sure why, but it does. :D

I'd never offer my first born, he's so sweet, they'd keep him!!!

Hugs,
Pammer

 
At 9:00 PM, October 15, 2006, Blogger Tiff/Amber Miller said...

You got that right, Pammer.

And as for "you vs. them" whatever happened to the "customer is always right" and "no hassle, no haggle"?

I had a customer service rep haggle me the other night when I called to close a credit card account with a low limit and higher interest rate than a new card I have with interest rate HALF of what this other one is and a higher limit. The woman just wouldn't take 'no' for an answer until she had finally run through everthing in her "goodie basket" and I still wouldn't reconsider.

Then, it was, "would you like a letter?" and 'Click!'

Ouch! No more business there. Sheesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home