Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Friday, September 08, 2006

MIXED UP WITH THE MOB by Ginny Aiken


Publisher/Line: Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense
ISBN: 0373873905

Back Cover Blurb:
Death and a Damsel In Distress! Strange things were happening to Lauren DiStefano. Since her brother's funeral, a mysterious driver had tried to run her down, menacing mobsters threatened her and a handsome FBI agent saved her life. Something was seriously wrong, and Lauren feared for her life. As Lauren discovered her brother Ric had left behind a trail of treachery, lies and mob ties, Special Agent David Latham seemed determined to uncover the truth. Could she place her trust, her life--and her heart--in David's hands?

Cheryl here.

First off, I started reading this book with a mission in mind: To find the exploding pants scene. But three pages toward the end I realized I hadn't caught where it was, so this book really engrossed me. I knew about the exploding pants scene from the Steeple Hill message boards where a bunch of us had a discussion about it probably over a year ago when several of us. . .both unpubbed and pubbed. . .decided to have an exploding pants scene in our books. Not the same scene mind you, but some form of an exploding pants. What fun it will be reading them all when they come out!

I LOVE the dialogue in this book. Really snappy and welll. . .mobbish! LOL! I loved the heroine in this book especially. A damsel in distress who's trying to take care of a little boy who isn't hers. . .I really thought that added a special layer of emotion to this suspense story. Another thing I liked were the band of grannies always coming to the rescue. The little boy and his "awefuls" for breakfast. . .brilliant prose and oh so funny and true. I LOVED that line. I'm looking forward to the next book in this series. . .but first, I must go back and skim this book yet again to find that dratted exploding pants scene!!!

Squirrel

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, September 09, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Ah yes, the infamous exploding pants scene. :D

This sounds like a great book and I have it on my TBR pile. Can't wait to dive in.

Thanks!

 
At 12:27 AM, September 11, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

I've got it in my TBR pile, too! And Ginny did affirm the exploding pants are in there somewhere.

Camy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home