Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday/Sunday

Okay I totally spaced that I was supposed to write today so this is coming in a little late, so late that it’s now Sunday morning. Sigh.

For several weeks now, I’ve been going to the track and walking one and a half to two miles. Trying for every day but not always making it, life tends to get in the way even with the best of intentions. I’ve been making it at least five days out of the week.

There is one guy who is always there and you can watch him mouth the words “left, right, left, right” as he rounds the track. Now tell me, does he not know how to walk without telling himself which foot to use next? If he doesn’t mouth it does he just stand still? What happens if he gets off rhythm and his right foot goes out as he says left? Does this turn his world on it’s axis?

I walk around that track pretty fast (1/2 mile track), no I don’t do an 8 minute mile but I don’t do too badly. There is this one woman who is there every day. She runs. It’s interesting... she passes me several times for each time I make a round. I can just imagine her thought process as she passes us walker-type-people. “Geez, am I passing her again? Someone needs to teach that chick how to travel. Running is where it’s at.” Seriously, I want to stick my foot out one day and chant at her “the tortoise and the hare, the tortoise and the hare!”

Then there are the people with ipods, cd players, fm radio armbands and cassette players (Yes, I said cassette players... I’m not even going to touch that one. LOL), I love watching these people to see which ones will sing along with their music... which ones will put a little cha-cha into their walk.

Of course I can’t leave out the fools… oops, not fools, brilliant people, yeah brilliant people who talk on their cells as they walk. Okay, okay I confess that’s me, I do this. But at least you can see my phone! Other people use the ear pieces and you don’t see the phone so you think there are these nutty people walking around the track talking to themselves.

I walked 12 miles this week... how about you?

6 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, August 12, 2006, Anonymous Pet said...

I admit it...I didn't walk anywhere this week, unless you want to count the laps Mom and I did at the Antique Mall yesterday...

But, if I did, I'd be the one with the CD player. And, not only do I sing along, I add the cha-cha too.

In fact, I cha-cha with my niece when we go walking...especially on the inclines. Otherwise, she won't go down them.

Go figure.

 
At 12:09 AM, August 13, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Good for you on your walking! And I have to complain--when you walk and talk on your cell, your heaving breath makes huge whooshes into the phone and I can't hear a word you're saying.

Camy

 
At 6:30 AM, August 13, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Hey! That wasn't my breathing making the whooshes!! That was because it was windy out there. sheesh

 
At 6:32 AM, August 13, 2006, Blogger eileen said...

I walked to the refrigerator and back...does that count? The OLD one.

 
At 10:29 PM, August 14, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

ROTFL!!!! Yeah, those little earbuds are funny. Those people look funny in airports too. Reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaly funny...

 
At 3:38 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Maybe those nutty people don't actually have earpieces, they're just one of those crazy WRITERS!

:D

course sometimes when you call me, I don't hear you huffing, but you get an impromtu history lesson. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home