Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday

Okay, okay you’re going to have to excuse my tardiness here. I have a good excuse…reason…excuse…reason, yeah that’s the ticket. I got a rejection letter today. Yes, ladies and gentleman a rejection letter. It actually wasn’t that bad of a rejection. At least it wasn’t a form rejection, yes? LOL

But here’s the kicker, they sent me my ms back to me. I didn’t put in a SASE for them to do that, so they ate that cost. Thought that was kinda cool.

HOWEVER, what do I do with this pile of paper? It’s obvious it’s been read so it’s not like I can send it to another house. I hate to just toss it in the dumpster…some homeless dude may come along and dig it out and put his name on it and send it to another house, and that folks, would really suck.

I could wallpaper my office (yeah, yeah, I don’t have an office. Humor me, please?) with it. Make it like a mural. Showcase my masterpiece for the world (Yes, the world comes into my office frequently!) to see my brilliance…uh less than brilliance?

Make 265 paper airplanes and fly them off my third floor balcony. Now I’m thinking this one is a cool idea…well except for the 8 lane busy street that isn’t too far from my balcony, methinks the police may have issues with this…and of course there’s the whole littering issue. Which brings us back to that whole bum finding all the planes, putting his name on it and submitting it himself thing. (refer to the third paragraph.)

Ooooh or my favorite idea yet! Bonfire, baby! Can you say s’mores, anyone?

15 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, August 26, 2006, Blogger Shannon said...

Awwww!!! {{{{{{{{{{Heather}}}}}}}}}}} But congrats, you're officially a writer now! ;-)

Love ya, girl ... upward and onward!

 
At 9:18 PM, August 26, 2006, Anonymous Pet said...

I got the marshmallows!!!

(((hugs))) on the rejection, Congrats! on the not being a form letter.

 
At 9:29 PM, August 26, 2006, Blogger Tiff/Amber Miller said...

Aww, bummer. I feel your pain though. I got a form rejection from Howard Publishing earlier this week...and it was only the query letter!

As for what to do...I got the chocolate! Now all we need are the graham crackers and the fire. Oh, and some sticks too. :)

 
At 9:39 PM, August 26, 2006, Blogger Paula said...

At least you got a steak out of the deal. Tell Eileen I love her for it.

 
At 10:14 PM, August 26, 2006, Blogger ragamuffin diva said...

How 'bout origami? You can make all kinds of animals. Paper cranes! It'll be great.

Or you can keep it just in case someone who can help you is gracious enough (or paid enough) to go through it. Don't toss it. It could still come in handy.

You'll get your win. We all get rejections. Hang in there!

We love you.

 
At 10:15 PM, August 26, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Wow, you got a steak? Dang. Now I'm really jealous. It wasn't enough that the rejection letter was so NICE.
Camy

 
At 10:26 PM, August 26, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

((((((((((((((Heather))))))))))))

 
At 2:25 PM, August 27, 2006, Blogger donna fleisher said...

Hey, bonfire worked for me! It's amazing how fast those rejection letters go up. Whhooosshhh! I may even have some leftover lighter fluid for ya.

; )

 
At 3:23 PM, August 27, 2006, Blogger Cryna said...

I am so sorry you got an rejection letter, but you have a few good ideas of what to do with it......LOL Just don't give up, try again somewhere else.......

 
At 4:08 PM, August 27, 2006, Anonymous Lorie Hartt said...

((Heather))

Tuck it under the bed for a few months, then go through with it with a big red pen. After you type your edits, well, then, origami sounds good. ;)

Although I'm never opposed to s'mores.

 
At 6:06 PM, August 27, 2006, Blogger Ane Mulligan said...

I'm just, sniff, so proud, sniff, that's you've made the big step, sniff, blubber. You've finally got evidence for the IRS that you're a, sniff, real writer.

;o)

 
At 11:26 PM, August 27, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

Hey girlie! I'm proud of you too! You put you stuff out there. Love the airplanes idea, if only...but I can bring the crackers and lots of hugs!

 
At 11:56 AM, September 02, 2006, Anonymous Marcy said...

S'Mores?? Hey, them's my relatives, Heather! :-D

So...is this bum you're fixated on cute? *gg*

Hugs,
Marshy

 
At 2:16 AM, September 04, 2006, Blogger Danica/Dream said...

S'mores are always good. Marshmallows... chocolate... graham cracker to hold it all together...

 
At 10:58 AM, September 05, 2006, Anonymous Synner said...

I know I'm late with this, but...

Congratulations on being a real writer. Rejection has to come before acceptance. Just like rain has to come before the flowers (ok, that was cheeeeesy). But now you know that you can do it. That you can put yourself out there to see what can happen. That you are trusting God enough to open the doors for your book where He wants it to be.

And as Tim Allen says in "GalaxyQuest": Never give up. Never surrender.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home