Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday

Is it a bad thing when your friends are always comparing you to their teenagers? Now I realize I hang out with a slightly...ahem...older crowd, but come on!

I know they’re not talking about my youthful appearance. Granted, I had to show ID until I was twenty-five just to get a jerky sample at Sam’s, but THAT is another story. I have wrinkles and a few gray hairs popping up… I’m almost twenty-eight!!! What’s up with the gray??? Sigh. Yet again, THAT is another story.

It like can’t be like because I like put the word like in like my speech like all the time because like I don’t like do that! Like oh my god!

We’re not talking just one friend, no not even just two, we’re talking three. Count them with me. One, two, three of my friends compare me with their teenager...I’m thinking this can’t be a good thing.

Now, personally I don’t pay attention to age which is why I have such a wide range of ages in my friends. Never really have. But...I choose to take this as a compliment, sure that’s the ticket!

8 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Surely you can't be talking about me!
My oldest son continually reminds me that he is closer to your age than I am. And I'm not that old!

Can I see your gray hairs? :D

 
At 3:44 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

LOL wait a minute... he's closer to my age than you are?? I don't think I knew that! LOL

Heck no you can't see the gray! I pull those suckers out!

 
At 3:45 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger ragamuffin diva said...

I have never compared you to my teenagers because I like you more than them. I can't wait until they are 27. I may appreciate them by then.

Grey hair? You show me yours, and I'll show you mine.

 
At 4:19 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger Paula said...

Who are you calling older, girlfriend???

BTW, my hubby was mostly grey in his early twenties. I've decided my grey is just making me look blonde again. I grew up blonde, then turned brown and now I think I'm looking blonde, even after the highlights are growing out. If I'm living an illusion, please don't pop my bubble. Let me think I'm blonde.

If you think it's bad to be occassionally compared to a teen you should try my life. I STILL have salesman who call and ask to speak to my mom. I'm 40. What's up with that??

 
At 4:20 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger Paula said...

Please excuse the typos up there. I'm too tired to fix them right now, but I do see them. *sigh*

 
At 4:53 PM, August 19, 2006, Anonymous Pet said...

Gee, I didn't get my first gray hair until this year...well, my first keeper that is. I got a gray hair once when the stepDad had pnuemonia (he was driving Mom and me nuts).

Anyway, I say it's good not to act your age...always keeps them guessing.

Have you considered that it might be how you stomp your foot and act stubborn every so often. ;)

hehehehe....and now you know why we get along so well.

 
At 4:54 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Definitely a compliment.
Camy

 
At 8:35 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

Hey, you sounded just like Rachel! LOL! Just kidding. What else did you expect met to say? LOLOLOLOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home