Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday

Why is it when you’re going on a trip EVERYTHING you want to pack is dirty despite the fact that you’ve done laundry four times this week AND you haven’t gone anywhere? I’m going to the coast tomorrow. I’ve even changed my mind a couple times at what I would pack only to discover that was dirty too. I’m tempted to just go shopping and buy new clothes. :-p Then reality hits and I remember a.) I’m broke and b.) I need to lose weight before I buy any clothes. Sigh.

So is this a case of a watched pot never boils? Law of averages and all that junk?

For months, I’ve been behind on my reading of books. Had huge stacks of books I needed to read for this and that. Now that I’m going to the coast, I want to take a stack of really good books to read, because I plan on doing a lot of sleeping and reading. But guess what? Somehow, I don’t have that big stack anymore! I don’t remember reading all those books but they’re gone. So now I’m scrambling around trying to find a few good books to read. I thought about buying some but again a.) I’m broke and b.) Most of the stuff that’s out that I would want to read is either being sent to me by the author/publisher or I already read it. Sigh.

Been eating terrible for months now. Drinking soda too. (you can always tell when I’ve been drinking soda.) Finally, just this week I’ve gotten myself under control, quit sodas, and started eating better. But here’s the problem, to me there is just something about sitting on a front porch on the coast, hearing the waves, feeling the breeze and drinking a ice-cold Dr Pepper. Think of an alcoholic except substitute Dr. Pepper and that’s me. And we ALWAYS eat well when we’re on the coast… Sigh.

So, either I stay home (Ha! Yeah right!) or I go with dirty clothes, so-so books and break my eating better habit… I think I shall go! See you suckers next week… I’ll be the one with a tan! Sigh and the one that isn’t losing weight, has read boring books and had to wash clothes anyway.

5 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, July 08, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

ROTFL!!!
Your best post yet, girl! LOL! Love it. Have a blast! We'll be diet buddies when you get back. ;-)

 
At 7:14 PM, July 08, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Don't even mention the word DIET! I live with three stick thin guys who wonder why I get enraged when they eat my lite ice cream because Sheesh, there's still a whole box in there. Hello, did stick boy happen to check the amount of calories?
You should come to my house and do laundry. I just did whites and managed to flood the bathroom!
Great post, Sweetie.
Hugs.

 
At 8:01 PM, July 09, 2006, Blogger eileen said...

Ha! Getting a tan. We'll see!!! You're probably down there crunching on Doritos and sipping DP watching the sunset.

O, btw...tell Lu to enjoy herself too.

 
At 11:54 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Hope you're having fun! What am I saying, of course you're having fun.
Camy

 
At 11:50 AM, July 14, 2006, Blogger Robin Caroll said...

You need clean clothes on the coast? HMMM.....maybe THAT's what I've been doing wrong! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home