Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Sat...uh, Sunday

Okay, apparently, today is Sunday. Um, kinda forgot yesterday’s post didn’t I? Been a little sidetracked this week. I’m getting really close to finishing up the needed word count of my book. (So I can submit it! YAY!) Got a new job… it fell into my lap. Really it did. Wasn’t expecting it. So somewhere in all of that, I forgot what day it was. In fact I didn’t even go to church today... apparently, It’s Sunday.

You know... you stick your head all the way into the story you’re working on and days pass you by without notice. It’s the weirdest thing. I know people that forget to pay their bills on time because they are so involved with writing their books. (Ha I know other people that forget to pay their bills… but that’s just because they are ditzy they don’t have the excuse we writers do. LOL!)

Others I know forget to feed their children. I don’t know about you… but I’m thinking the kid in the back ground kicking, screaming and crying “Mooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I’m huuuuuungry!!!!!!” Should be that writer’s first clue. LOL!

Then of course, when they finally notice the emaciated kid is hungry they get up all grumbly, to get them something to eat, muttering the whole way “I don’t know why you kids can’t learn to feed yourselves!” Only to find that the bread is molded, the milk is curdled and there isn’t any other food in the house…because they forgot AGAIN to go grocery shopping.

They walk outside (after they had to struggle their kids into the nearest thing to clean clothes she could find them… because she hasn’t done the laundry in a month.) and crunch across the lawn to the minivan. Wait. What? Crunch across the lawn? Oh, that’s right. Ted her husband keeps telling her, “Betty Jean, You HAVE to water the lawn every day. This heat this summer just kills it otherwise.” Sigh. Yet another thing she forgot while she was writing elaborate ways to kill off her villain.

I could go on but I think you get the idea… Oh! Wait. One more. Ted comes home and asks Betty Jean, “Honey? Where is Becky Jo?” Betty Jean’s eyes grow round, her hand finds its way to her opened mouth and her eyes fly to the clock. “I was supposed to pick her up three hours ago from Susie Q’s!” Her husband rolls his eyes. “I know, I know, Ted! But listen, you won’t believe what my Hero did today!" .....

So be honest... what have you forgotten while your mind is wrapped up in your story??

4 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

I forget to let the dog outside. That is VERY bad. Poor Snickers is whining that she has to GO but Mom is oblivious.

Camy

 
At 1:40 AM, July 03, 2006, Anonymous Pet said...

I usually forget to eat...a few times, I forgot to sleep. There was that one time where I forgot to get dressed after taking a shower because a great idea hit me just as I wrapped myself in my towel.

Of course, and in general, I forget to live my life and find my family making plans for me. That's when I take breaks from writing.

Great blog, Heather.

xoxoxo, Pet

 
At 8:58 AM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Well, you don't have enough room here, cause I'm one of those ADD personalities with the attention span of a butterfly. Or less. But I honestly try to act like I have it all together, but the truth is, I'm pretty much an all or nothing kind of girl. I don't multi task very well. Oh, that doesn't keep me from washing an load of water in the washing machine and boiling the handle off my teapot all because I got sidetracked by my writing, but I KNOW I'm bad about it.
Last night, I forgot to go to bed because I got so tangled up in my story. That is until I smashed my nose on the keyboard. :D
We writers are such interesting (demented but interesting) creatures.
Uh, we won't talk about watering plants because anytime I buy a poor plant...it just signed it's death warrent cause it's only a matter of time. Sigh. My last victim was a little jade plant. Watered once and then forgotten on the front porch in the shade. :(

 
At 6:57 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

Oh, you just had to post that part at the end. LOL! I've forgotten to pick my daughter up from school a couple times. Thankfully it's close enough to walk and she's old enough (nearly 13) to cross streets. Still, it's kind of embarassing. She just rolls her eyes at me now. They know Mom's a ditz.

Oh, and the plants thing. I turn the hose on and forget it. Only when my cats float onto the porch do I remember to turn it off. Wait until hubby sees the water bill. Oh my...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home