Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

WIN Ticket to Tomorrow


by Carol Cox

Annie Trenton's life will change forever at the 1893 World's Fair.
Annie steps off the train at Chicago's Terminal Station--and straight into political intrigue.
She travels to the great fair in Chicago in hopes of exhibiting her late husband Will's horseless carriage and, in so doing, somehow discovering a way to heal the breach between herself and her estranged in-laws.
After a visit with Annie, the coolly receptive Trentons recognize the potential of their son's invention and are determined to rob Annie's rights to it. When Annie seeks the help and advice of newfound friend Nick Rutherford, his concern and attraction to her begin to grow. In attempting to win her heart, Nick finds himself trying to protect her, as well.
But when Annie and Silas Crockett--Annie's traveling companion and scatterbrained partner of her late husband--disembark in Chicago, a stranger collides with Silas. . .and more than a satchel is unintenionally excahnged. The innocent mix-up draws Annie and Silas into an international conspiracy to gain Cuba's independence. Will their accidental involvement cost them both their lives? Or can Nick keep Annie safe and persuade her to surrender her heart to him?

Pammer here: You must read this. I eagerly await the second book in the series. Carol Cox is amazing. She has created lively and very real characters that I loved immediately. The story quickly involved me and kept me intrigued, and turning pages. The plot is superb, complex, but not so as to loose the reader. The romance, suspense, humor, and Christian threads are woven and balanced.
This book will keep you on the edge of your seat, and have you hoping against hope that Annie gets her hero. :D

If you'd like to win a copy of this book, then post a comment below and I will draw names Friday evening. If you do not want to be included in the drawing, please state that in your comment.

Good reading!

7 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger Sheryl said...

Pammer,
I've already had the pleasure of reading a ARC of the book for Armchair Reviews, so you don't need to include me in the drawing. I just wanted to second your excellent review.

I so enjoyed the book. It was a perfect blend of history, romance & suspense. I can't wait to read future books in the series either.

Blessings,
Sheryl

 
At 11:22 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

oooh great review!

 
At 10:44 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

I don't believe I've read this author before (considering I average 2-3 books a week that's amazing isn't it LOL) but this book sounds really good. If I don't win I hope my local WM gets it in soon!!!

Michelle's Writing
Space

 
At 3:24 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Chaos-Jamie said...

Sounds like a great read!

 
At 3:40 PM, June 15, 2006, Anonymous Annette Irby said...

Hey Pammer, I am intrigued. Please include me in the drawing.

Thanks, Annette

 
At 3:30 AM, June 16, 2006, Blogger KimW said...

An "edge of your seat" story. Love those type of stories! Please include me in the drawing.

 
At 6:32 AM, June 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great book! Count me in on the drawing. Beth S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home