Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Murder, Mayhem and a Fine Man By Claudia Mair Burney


Back cover blurb: Life as a forensic psychologist isn't quite as cool as prime-time television would have us believe, and most of us just don't have closets full of red-carpet gowns and bling. Instead of painting the town red in a drop-dead gorgeous dress, this boring therapist finds herself at the scene of a crime.

Amanda Bell Brown just may know who the killer is. She needs to spill her guts, but not on the lead detective's alligator shoes. A complicated murder investigation unearths not just a killer but a closet full of skeletons Amanda thought long gone. Murder, mayhem, and a fine man are wrecking havoc on her fortieth birthday, but will she survive to see forty-one?

Heather here…I know I’ve said this before on here but it needs to be repeated, I don’t do reviews. I’m not any good at it. But I loved Claudia’s book. It’s awesome. Her voice is something very fresh to the CBA. Claudia pushes the edge of CBA boundaries and does it masterfully. It’s like one day she sat down and said let’s make a book that no one has ever thought of before and just started throwing things together. Throw in some mystery, a dash of chic lit, heavy on the romance and sexy hero. Bake in a hot oven… and what came out is an incredibly good book. This book isn’t out for a couple weeks… but when it hits the shelves, run don’t walk and buy it!

4 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

Heather, awesome, AWESOME interview, girl! Loved your questions.

Claudia, you are one amazing lady. I can "hear" God's hope and hope in your words. Can't wait to read your book!

 
At 5:10 PM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Paula said...

Just finished this book about 20 minutes ago. Wow. I'm still digesting it. It's unlike anything I've read. It starts out chick-lit sassy and fun and by the time I was done . . . I'd plummed the depths, you know. Well written. Funny. Thought-provoking. I'm so proud of my friend Claudia Mair that I could burst!

 
At 5:25 AM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Angie Poole said...

Great interview!

Ragamuffin Diva is one of my favorite blogs. Love the transparency.

I've pre-ordered Claudia Mair's book on Amazon.com and can't wait to read it!

 
At 4:30 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger ragamuffin diva said...

Thanks so much for promoting Murder. I'm so glad you enjoyed it (and you, Sissy!). Thanks all of you for your support.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home