Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Friday, June 02, 2006

A MATCH MADE IN BLISS by Diann Walker




A MATCH MADE IN BLISS by Diann Walker
Publisher: Steeple Hill (Love Inspired Line)
ISBN 0-373-87357-3
Released Mar 2006

From back cover:

RUNNING AWAY FROM HOME
Suddenly single and unemployed, corporate attorney Lauren Romey needed a rest, a job and a new squeeze. her friends took charge of the "rest" part. They booked her a trip to a Bliss Village bed-and-breakfast. And they thought they were going to take care of the "new squeeze" part as well, by setting her up with the innkeepers' son.

RUNNING TOWARD LOVE?
But when Lauren wound up at the wrong bed-and-breakfast, seh found herself the fifth contestant in "Win Daddy's Heart," the unlikely brainshilc of widowed owner Garret Cantrell's teenage daughters. Throw in her ex-fiance, four quirky contestants and some very untimely TV coverage--and it's open season for chaos....or love, where she least expected it.



First I must say that I LOVE stories with a bed-and-breakfast setting. I LOVED the plot line of this book. I fell in love with all of these characters...not just the hero (swoon!) and heroine, but Garrett's daughters, and even the dogs, which also made me chuckle. Why do men like big dogs and women like small ones? Well most women...give me a big black Lab anyday...but the fact that this dog was crosseyed was hilarious. And how she dressed it. Just go get the book and see what I mean. Having three daughters of my own, I was laughing out loud at portions of this very believable story. I can so totally see my daughters doing something like this. Good thing my husband hasn't jilted me. LOL! If he ever did, I hope to have friends like Lauren to send me to a B&B. This story went from emotionally compelling to light-hearted funny at the perfect places. Really FUN read. I am fascinated by how Diann's writing enabled me to picture in moving color the scenes of the book. Sometimes in books, I have to really work to picture the setting and the characters and their actions. I could picture every scene I read as if it were a movie.

Then Garret's spiritual struggle revealed on page 80, wow. I know so many people who have felt these sorts of thoughts about God. People who wrestle with why He allows bad things to happen. Garrett was gut-raw honest, and I think this book could really touch people who feel disappointed by God.

The semi scene was INTENSE with a suspense, and then on Pg 224..there is a line that made me howl with laughter. THen I laughed about for days after reading this book, and it has to do with the heroine and a meatball, and that's all I'm going to say about that. (no spoilers. LOL!) Overall great read. BRAVO DIANN!!!

For a chance to win a free, autographed, copy of A Match Made in Bliss, leave a comment this week telling me the wierdest food that you've ever choked on. I will draw a name out of the bunch next Friday.

Cheryl Wyatt

2 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, June 02, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Wow. I can't wait to read this book, sounds like one I would adore and read again. :D (Once I can get my hands and eyes of my own wretched writing that is.) It's sitting on the top of my TBR pile.

Great review.

 
At 9:35 PM, June 02, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

I missed this book when it came out. Waaaaaaaaaaa. I have the one that came after though! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home