Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dear Baby Girl


by Jane Orcutt

Fifteen-year-old Merrilee wants only the best for the child she cannot keep. As she struggles with giving her baby up for adoption, she records her anguished decision with letters to her baby girl. This tender story of shattered dreams offers the hope of redemption and new beginnings.

Dear Baby Girl,
In all my fifteen years of growing up, I never once thought about what it'd be like for a new mama to leave the hospital with her baby in another pair of arms.

Sometimes life isn't quite what we've expected...sometimes it's better.

Pammer here: This is a book I looked at and thought there was no way I would like it. It's a young adult. But I was in the market for novels with a Christian worldview for my niece to read. I would like to admit I was wrong. I was captured from page one. With only 176 pages, it is a quick read (if you read like me) and I devoured it while I was at work today. A word of warning, have tissues handy. The story is very touching and yet very real, and it also plainly show not only the irony of God, but the fact that although we may think we know just what it is He wants from us...we don't even have a clue. And although we may practice unconditional love and grace that fits into our own definitions....they don't come close to what God shows us, perfect love and grace with a healthy dose of mercy.

Great read. I'd suggest it to anyone working with pregnant teens as well as young adults who love a good story (or even older younger adults, lol).

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

sounds good Pammer!

 
At 9:59 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Wow, this sounds like a great book! Thanks for the review, Pammer!
Camy

 
At 7:24 PM, June 09, 2006, Blogger eileen said...

I read this book and named it one of the best I've read in ages. It has such an unusual twist....just a really good book!!

 
At 8:53 PM, June 10, 2006, Blogger ScrollSquirrel said...

Awww! Touching book, touching review. Thanks Pammer.

Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home