Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Leather and Lace


By Diann Mills


It's a perfect time to ride out of here. They won't be back for hours, maybe not 'til tomorrow with this storm coming. A good rain will hide my tracks. . .make it harder to trail me. She could do it alone. She could stop the wishing and dreaming to change her sordid life. I will not become like them. Somewhere in this wide country was a place called home--and she'd find it.
Casey O'Hare forsakes the years she spent in an outlaw gang for a chance to start her life anew. But no one leaves Davis Jenkins and lives. Pursued by the gang, Casey is trapped by a mysterious stranger who takes her as a pawn to get to Jenkins. A strikingly handsome lawyer, could this Morgan Andrews be an angel sent to deliver her--or the devil setting her up for the kill?


This book is fabulous. I don't know which genre to place it in. Historical, western, women's fiction, romance, suspense. It has a little of them all. The tale is riveting, the characters engaging. The story will keep you turning pages when you should be in bed (ahem!) I adored Casey from the moment I met her. You just gotta admire that kind of spunk. Morgan took a little longer because I wasn't sure I trusted him entirely until he up and did a totally romantic thing and saved her life a time or two. The secondary characters were also lovable. Especially Sarah Ranier.
I did think the conflict between Morgan and Casey carried on until I was impatient with them. I think it could have been cleared up a wee bit sooner. But the action sure picked up near the end. I needed tissues. Some parts will yank on your heart. You will also laugh outloud.
I would recommend this book to anyone whol loves a poignant tale of forgiveness and renewal through the blood of Jesus Christ.

4 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, May 03, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

great review Sis! I'll have to move it closer to the top of my list!

 
At 9:50 PM, May 03, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

er TBR list

 
At 10:37 PM, May 03, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

I have heard so many great things about this book! Thanks for reviewing it!
Camy

 
At 5:32 AM, May 04, 2006, Blogger Ruth said...

I absolutely LOVED this book. I read it about a month ago and reviewed it on my Xanga blog...can't wait for the sequel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home