Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Journeys


by Tamela Hancock Murray


Lady Dorothea Witherspoon is desperate. After her mother died, her heartbroken father squandered the family fortune on gambling, leaving Dorothea destitute. As a last resort, she visits a distant cousin to ask for ten thousand pounds so she can avoid debtor's prison.
Lord Stratford Brunswich is taken by Lady Witherspoon's beauty and nature, but it's Baron von Lunenburg who presents himself as Dorothea's knight in shining armor when he offers to pay her debt in full. Only Dorothea doesn't know that his proposal comes at a great price.
Stratford knows of the treacherous game Lunenburg is playing, but how can he expose Luneneburg and rescue Dorothea, the woman he has grown to love, before it is too late.

Pamela here: I will admit to being a huge fan of Tamela's work. In this book, she really shines. As soon as I met Dorothea, standing in her cousin's foyer, I immediately became engrossed in the tale. I read the bulk of this book in one sitting. I didn't want to stop. I fell in love with Stratford, he was so romantic and who cannot love such a devout Christian. Tamlea knows how to do settings too. I felt like I was there, but was not aware of an overbearing amount of description. There is a bit of suspense with the tension carefully built, you will find yourself sitting on the edge of your seat rooting for the couple in love. A beautiful love story with a happily ever after ending. Get this book, you won't regret it. Bravo, Tamela!

2 Comments:

At 2:13 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

sounds great Pammer!

 
At 1:08 PM, June 02, 2006, Blogger ScrollSquirrel said...

YAYAYAY!!! I love this book, and of course I love the author!!!!

Nice review, Pammer!

Squirl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home