Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday...or not?

Bear with me folks, I’m having a really hard time being sarcastic or snarky at the moment. I’m in way too good of a mood. I’m on the coast. Gulf of Mexico. And it’s perfect. I sat out in a lounge chair for 4 ½ hours this evening. The breeze and salt air making for a perfect relaxing evening.

I’m on vacation. Technically it’s a writing vacation… ask me if I’ve written a word? Nope. Nada. Zero. Nothing. Zilch. In my defense… I did critique a chapter for a crit buddy. Speaking of this crit buddy… I don’t have internet access while I’m here on vacation unless I go to the coffee shop (which is how I will be posting this) but I check my email with my cell phone. From the time I left this afternoon (I’m writing this Friday late evening) til now this crit buddy has put 5 chapters in my inbox. What’s up with that?

Home all week, bored out of my ever-loving mind and my inbox stays empty. I go on vacation and it’s full. I repeat, what’s up with that?? Makes ya wonder how many chapters I will have by the time I get home Monday afternoon, doesn’t it?

So is this the whole a watched pot never boils theory coming into play? I wait. And I wait. And I wait, all week for chapters and I don’t get them. Go away and hope to not get any… I of course get tons.

Should we take bets? How many do you think I’ll have by the time I get home?

Note: I thought I could be slick and post this for Heather with non the wiser, but she pointed out that it says posted by Pammer, so I'll fess up. She wasn't able to post this so she sent it to me to post for her.

5 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, May 06, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

I'm hoping to put one in your box by then. :D

Hugs!

 
At 10:48 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

ROFL! Good one, Pammer.

My guess . . . chapters 4-16. But that's kind of cheating because I talked with said crit partner today. :)

Camy

 
At 1:17 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Robin Caroll said...

Okay, beat up on me! Hey, I can't help it I revised the whole ms over the weekend. Sheesh, I'M not the one who told you that you could go on vacation! Cut a sistah some slack, please! :)

 
At 11:52 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

I can't help it I revised the whole ms over the weekend.

Did you catch that? She just had to rub it in. LOL!

Glad you're back, girl, and glad you had a good time. Love ya!

 
At 9:39 AM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Robin Caroll said...

I was NOT rubbing it in, D....was just stating facts, ma'am! LOLOLOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home