Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Fireworks


by Elizabeth White


Susannah is out to prove that pyrotechnics genius Quinn Baldwin is responsible for a million dollar fireworks catastrophe during a Mardi Gras ball.

With her faithful black lab Monty, she moves to the charming city of Mobile, Alabama to uncover the truth. But this world-traveled military brat with a string of letters behind her name finds herself wholly unprepared to navigate the cultural quagmires of the Deep South.

Captivated by the warmth and joy of her new circle of friends, Susannah stuggles to keep from falling for a suspect who refuses to be anything but a man of integrity, compassion, and lethal southern charm. Fireworks offers a glimpse into the heart of the South and a cynical young women's first encounter with Christ-like love.

Pammer here:

I loved this book. It was funny, witty, charming, and also tugged at your heartstrings. It starts off with action that made me laugh. And then cringe. I immediately loved the characters. I so identified with Susannah. I fell hard for Quinn. I'm a southern gal and this book brought back so many fond memories. why I could just hear all them drawls. Sigh! I immediately connected with Susannah although we are not alike at all. The secondary characters were so real I felt like I'd been sitting on the porch with them sipping sweet tea. I loved Quinn and the pages just kept turning so I could find out what happened next. What's more it was all laid out in a way that I could totally follow.

Oh, and all Flybabies, you have to read this book. I won't tell you why, but you will love it.

Definately worth the read.

4 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

I've been wanting to read this book! Thanks, Pammer!
Camy

 
At 1:43 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

I want this book! LOL

 
At 1:56 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger ScrollSquirrel said...

Ooooh! I want to read it Pammer! I hadn't even heard of this book before your review. Thanks for the head's up!

Cheryl

 
At 6:38 AM, May 13, 2006, Blogger Beth White said...

What a COOL blog, Pammer! I'm so glad you enjoyed spending time with Quinn and Susannah and the gang--and thanks for spreading the word. I was curious about how people who'd read my suspense books would like these more "straight" romance reads.

Beth
www.elizabethwhite.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home