Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dark Star by Creston Mapes


Dark Star by Creston Mapes
Our lovely fabfour member, Pammer, is on vacation (bum went without me!) this week, so it comes to me to post a review today. Only I don’t write reviews. But I read this book recently and loved it and wanted to feature it. Fab Friend Dineen Miller did a review of it... lucky me...

Dineen Miller:
Bad boy and rock star Everett Lester has become an unwitting tool of the enemy. His fame and fortune are vast, but they mean nothing to a man struggling to make sense of a life grounded in pain. Only the soft voice of one young woman can break though Everett's dark despair and show him the light of God and the love of Jesus. Yet the dark forces of evil will do anything to keep Everett in its grasp.

Dark Star is an amazing and suspenseful story of one man's journey from darkness to light and the messengers put in his life to help him along the way. The salvation message is clear and simple--not a sermon, just the truth.

I loved the way the book is written in two simultaneous parts—as a memoir recounting Everett’s life as a rock star and in current time chronicling his ongoing struggle.

Creston Mapes does a great job putting his characters to the test and showing evil in a very realistic manner. This book is an intense read with a fantastic sequel. Be sure to check out Full Tilt once you’re done rocking through Dark Star.

Heather: Creston brings a very fresh voice to the CBA market. As well as subject matter that is usually shied away from and handles it in a way that isn’t offensive. I can’t wait to get my hands on the sequel Full Tilt.

Check out Dineen’s blog here.

Creston has a contest on his website every month.

3 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger ScrollSquirrel said...

ool review! I bet this is one book my husband would actually read. LOL!

Squirrel

 
At 3:33 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Ohhh, thank you Heather. I have to agree with Squirl, I am planning on getting these for my 17 year old. (He loves Randy Ingermanson's books so I think he will like this). BTW Squirl, that is a gorgeous picture

 
At 3:38 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Yay, Heather! I'm glad you remembered to add your paragraph review at the end. :)
Camy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home