Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Friday, May 05, 2006

AN ACQUIRED TASTE by Susan K. Downs


AN ACQUIRED TASTE by Susan K. Downs
From Fresh-Brewed Love Anthology
Publisher: Barbour
ISBN #: 1-59310-603-3

Having a husband who's a musician, and being a coffee lover, and hanger-outer of bookstores and coffeehouses (Bring on the caramel latte!!!) I really, really loved this book. This hero and heroine seemed polar opposites, and I loved, absolutely LOVED their journey. This is one of the best Novella's I've read to date, if not my favorite. And you know it's wierd, because I can't really pinpoint what exactly it was about this book that kept my attention so much. I lost sleep and went without dinner to finish it...seriously...for me to give up food and sleep for ANYTHING...it HAS to be good. Times I laughed aloud, and other times I found my face hurt because I smiled through the entire thing. I was endeared to the heroine immediately, and felt her angst that she'd carried since childhood. There were times in this book where I literally had to remind myself she wasn't real so I could stop clutching the shirt near my chest and hurting for her. The hero was her perfect match, and his motivations and goals were so clear. The way he cared about this heroine, and put her above what his father thought of him was notable, though pleasing his father had been a life long goal I think. Okay if I say more I'll spoil it for you. A DEFINITE MUST READ!!!!!!

Cheryl

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Oooooo! Great review.

Let's see, handsome hero and coffee? Point me towards where I can get a copy! :D

 
At 3:03 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Oooh, awesome! I've been wanting to read this anthology.
Camy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home