Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday

How is it that I bought a laptop two months ago and it died already?? What is the deal with that? You pay your hard earned money for something that you assume will last longer than two months and whamo!

Called the place I bought it and the dude says “oh, yeah we see this all the time.”

They see this all the time??? Why is it they don’t tell you that when you pay out money for these things?

“Ma’am you realize this is likely to die on you in about two months… but don’t worry as long as it happens while it’s still under warranty you should be okay… of course now, after we fix it this time… by the time it dies again, your warranty will be up.”

Another words, you’re screwed. LOL

So come on people, sound off. Have you had this happen to you? (Doesn’t have to be a laptop.)

Edited two hours later. Took in the laptop to where I bought it. They confirmed it's still under warranty. Then proceeded to tell me that it will cost me $60 for them to figure out if what's wrong with it, is covered under the warranty. And if I have data I need saved I have to pay $100 for them to pull that data before they find out what's wrong with it. Um, hello people, this thing is less than two months old!! It's under warranty!! Am I just crazy to think that's insane???

5 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Ahem! Has THIS ever happened? HAS this ever happened? Well, let's see I was without a computer for two months cause it crashed six months into my purchase. They fixed it but botched up the disc drive and it took them a month to fix that too even though since they broke it, it was supposed to be on express. Yeah RIGHT.

Then there was the used car I bought, but the transmission went out the day AFTER the warrenty went out. I kid you NOT. They had that puppy timed. We fixed it three times. I learned more about the inside of a transmission than a lady ought to know and learned that the guy behind the parts store counter doesn't take you seriously even if you took the part out and know what it does, because your a (gasp) girl. Sigh. I had to send my dad in to get the part. (uh, mechanic dad, of course we fixed it ourselves). Finally after the third time (we sent it somewhere else this time) I told the dealership to come get the piece of junk and they still made me pay for it! And took the car.

Thanks for letting me vent. :D
Good post, Sweetie!
Big Sissy Hugs!

 
At 2:25 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Sheryl said...

It's ridiculous, and what's even worse is that we're getting so we don't expect anything better. Poor quality and customer service are the norm anymore, not the exception.

What ever happened to making a quality product and having sales/customer service people that treated you with courtesy and respect?

We just told a hurricane shutter sales guy to leave because he INSISTED on coming inside our home. He HAD to sit at a table to give us our estimate. Granted, he had yet to even take out a measuring tape to get our window measurements after spending 10 minutes telling us how we need impact windows rather than shutters (twice as $$). Very pushy and obnoxious.

As Pammer said, thanks for letting me vent too! LOL

I hope you can get things taken care of with your laptop. I've had mine for about 6 weeks and (thankfully) no problems with it.

 
At 3:11 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

You poor thing. I'd be ready to smack them all. I'm getting the same runaround with the anesthesiologist and my insurance from my knee surgery.
Camy

 
At 4:34 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Shannon said...

OH yeah ... my first laptop lasted six months ... then took six WEEKS to replace ... grrr!

 
At 4:03 PM, April 23, 2006, Blogger ScrollSquirrel said...

Man, Heather! I've had the same laptop for several years and it was making all sorts of really strange clicking sounds that it hadn't done before. It's been dropped, sat on, walked on, pushed off a couch, Skittles stuck in the disc drive, sippy cup disasters on the keyboard, dropped four times...one of which broke the plug off...in the laptop. Another cord cost 100 dollars. So everyone told me the thing is probably getting read to crash when I described all the wierd noises it had started making. I went to look for another one. I found one I liked...light weight. Drooled over it for six months every time I went in that store. Then finally decided I was going to buy it. My husband and I went back in there to get it and the manager guy says, "Uh. I wouldn't buy it if I were you." I'm like, "Why not?" "Because almost everyone who buys them brings them back within three months because the keyboard breaks. And when this keyboard breaks...you can't fix it because it's one unit." So my next question was, "And you're still selling them WHY?"

I hope they do you right Heather and fix it for nothing. And I hope they can retreive your data.

Love, Squirly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home