Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday

Nut job or writer?

“Is she talking to herself??”
“Oh, yeah, she’s one of those writers… that’s what they do.”

“Man, is that the woman that lives up in that house on Hermon Ave? I didn’t think she ever came out of her house.”
“Oh, she rarely does, she’s a writer. They’re just naturally hermits. She comes out for printer paper, books and on occasion, food.”

“Man, what’s up with the ink he always has smeared on his face??”
“That’s old man Johnson, he’s a writer. Doesn’t believe in those new-fangled computers. Uses those old typewriters with ribbons.”

“Betty Jo, I was talking to Feather Johnson in the ink cartridge aisle at the office supply store, the other day. And she actually said LOL to me. What on earth does that mean??”
“Oh, she’s a writer, she’s always online talking to other writers. Laugh Out Loud. She’s rarely out in public, always online, forgets how to speak to REAL people.”

“There goes that crazy chick, Camy. You know, they say she hears voices in her head.”
“Yeah, but she’s a writer, so it’s okay.”

So tell me, are you a good case for the mental ward… or are you a writer? Tell us about your nut-job tendencies.

12 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, April 08, 2006, Anonymous Pet said...

LMAO!!

I'm a WRITER!!

I talk to people who aren't there. I hear voices in my head. I imagine things that would make the faint of heart faint.

hehehehehehe...oh yeah, and I rarely go out, I tend to have ink smeared in places and none of my relatives know what I'm talking about when I mention message boards, blogs or IMs and smilies.

Ain't life grand?

 
At 12:26 AM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Oh I'm definately a nut job...I mean writer. WRITER. :D

Tendancies, I talk to myself and stare out into space (plotting, doncha know). Once at work a guy getting on the elevator asked me, "Are you okay?" (I was interviewing my heroine and my hero kept interupting) and I said, "Oh yeah." "What are you doing?" "Listening to the voices in my head." (Well I WAS!) He couldn't get on the elevator fast enough. I yelled, "I'm not crazy, I'm a writer." I think I heard him laughing.

 
At 1:12 AM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Danica/Dream said...

You, my friend, are a total nut job.

And what do you mean, you were talking about me in this blog?

The nerve of some people.... ;)

 
At 7:32 AM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Robin Caroll said...

Um.....I carry on full conversations with myself...this isn't normal? Sheesh, then I don't want to be normal. Funny thing, I related to ALL those scenarios! LOLOL But I like it like that, too!

Oh, and Camy's most likely gonna bust you when she gets back. Then again, serves her right for running off to have fun at a conference and leaving us behind. Her and D are on MY LIST! LOL

 
At 4:11 PM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

Hey, just because Camy and I are away doesn't mean you can misbehave. LOL! Miss you guys!

 
At 4:23 PM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Misbehave? (batting big brown eyes innocently) Why, Heather, Squirl and I would NEVER misbehave.

(Did I mention I write fiction ? lol)

 
At 5:34 PM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

LOL Dineen...wanna bet?? :-p

 
At 10:40 AM, April 11, 2006, Anonymous Synner said...

I've always believed that I'm a circus freak. You know, one of those people that may look normal on the outside, but is in fact quite insane.

My circus act would probably be the high-wire or trapeze. I'm always trying to find balance between fantasy and reality. And I like those emotions flying high in life and in my books.

And since the voices in my head are often the only conversation I get at home nowadays, at least I keep good company!

 
At 12:55 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Heather, you are SO dead.
Camy

 
At 12:55 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Right after I finish this argument with my heroine.
Camy

 
At 12:56 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

yeah, yeah, whatever

 
At 4:50 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Lena Nelson Dooley said...

So, Heater and Cheryl and Pammer, friends of mine, how do I get your to do a review of one of my books?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home