Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Post

Organic brownies…

Okay, why does that just sound wrong to me? I’m all for healthy food. I happen to love organic meats, dairy, veggies (I prefer it actually)… but brownies??? What’s up with that?

If I’m going to eat brownies… I want it to be the real thing. Loads of real chocolate. Tons of calories. And it darn well better be fattening! If I wanted healthy I wouldn’t be eating a brownie! Come on folks, that’s just wrong, on so many levels!

What brought this on you ask? Well, my lovely blog mate, Pammer (who is like a sister to me), made organic brownies today. And apparently this is a normal occurrence in her household. They are whole wheat…. Okay anyone else, besides me, see how much of a crime it is to have wheat in your brownies?? Then she puts in evaporated cane juice… uh, yeah, ever hear of good old plain sugar?? LOL

That’s just as bad as someone that goes into a coffee shop (name withheld of the actual coffee shop but we all know which one I’m talking about) and orders a Grande Nonfat Nonwhip Cafe Mocha with skim milk… oh and make it decaffeinated too. WHAT’S THE POINT???????????????????

Sound off people, tell me which side of the fence you’re on… or if you’re straddling it in fear of me blogging about you next week. LOL!

(update on last weeks post. I took the laptop to a friend's son-in-law. Who fixed it for free. And saved the majority of my files for me. Yay! The ones that were lost.. well that was my fault, I didn't tell him where to find them. because, well, I forgot about them.)

5 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, April 29, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Okay, I'm the culprit, BUT in defense, I love brownies too! Only, I don't want a spare tire. These have loads of chocolate and I sat organic evaporated cane juice in a covered container on the table (it's a lovely cream color and granular like sugar) and put out sugar too, and guess which one mostly goes untouched unless we are out of sucanat or evaporated cane juice. Also since the brownie contain no refined flour or sugar, you can actually stop at one.
If you think it sounds yucky, that's cause you haven't tried one. And, please don't tell my kids and hubby cause they LOVE them. :D

Hugs! The Health Nut.

 
At 2:27 PM, April 29, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

I see nothing wrong with whole wheat flour, to be honest. It doesn't change the taste and it's good for you. And isn't evaporated cane juice just syrupy sugar? We used to eat raw sugar cane in Hawaii. It's just sugar. Bad for the teeth.

The coffee drink--okay, I agree with you there. Nonfat lattes are just not the same, much less decaf, but sometimes I will go for nonfat (but never decaf) if only to stop the Great Expanse across my rear.

Camy

 
At 9:14 PM, April 30, 2006, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

ROTFL!!!! I'm keeping my mouth shut. :-I

 
At 12:35 AM, May 01, 2006, Anonymous Pet said...

LOL, Heather...I'd love to say only you would see the crime in all this, but you know me too well for me to pull that on you.

Even being borderline diabetic, though that's probably going to change when I go in to the dr's, I'd never do that to a brownie. My late fur baby, Taj, would be rolling in her grave if I even considered it. Never has a chocoholic walked the Earth like she did.

I remember eating sugar cane as a kid...loved it. I love honey too. Those are natural sweets, not so bad for you. Since sugar comes from sugar cane, I can see using one over the other (honey would have skewed the flavor). I'm not so sure on the wheat flower. You'd think there would be a difference in the taste.

This would be one of those topics we'll just have to disagree on...sorta like the carob tasting just like chocolate lie that nutritionists tell. It's not the same. It tastes horrible. My dog won't touch the stuff...well, she wouldn't when they tried to make me quit the real stuff.

I dunno...I'd think I'd rather just do without. (Which is what we did to keep Taj away from chocolate.)

 
At 3:46 PM, May 03, 2006, Blogger Paula said...

Right now I'd just love a brownie--organic or not!! Why'd you do this to me?? My mouth is watering and my good slacks are getting too tight for the next conference!!! Sheezzzz . . . why can't we just do sweats at conference??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home