Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

In All Deep Places

IN ALL DEEP PLACES by Susan Meissner

back cover:
Luke could understand that God would purposely place humans on a planet with limitations...but that he would also instill in every person a tiny longing for heaven; a longing designed to blossom. He even began to feel that tiny longing stir within his own heart and soul. It all made sense except for one thing.

For bestselling mystery author Luke Foxbourne, an uncharacteristic bout of writer's block is the least of his worries when his father's stroke pulls him back to his hometown to run the family newspaper. Soon, Luke's disturbing childhood memories of the house next door--and Norah, the young girl who lived there--began to resurface.


Norah was a blonde wisp of a girl who grew up beneath a perpetual cloud of misfortune. Luke's childhood promise to protect her was an unrealistic one, as tragedy continued to strike in ways that caused him to question God's goodness.


When Luke decides to tell their story, a soul searching memoir ensues. But how will it end? Norah moved away years ago, taking with her any hope of closure for Luke. Determined to know the truth, Lukes seeks her out to find the answers to this real life mystery solved in all deep places.


I loved this book! I couldn't put it down.

Having said that, I would also like to say, that this is not my normal style of books. But this one was so well crafted, so well plotted, the characters so interesting that I found it impossible to not read "just a little more". I laughed and I cried all my mascara off.

Susan is a great story teller. The story ceases to be words and you are suddenly there with the characters, smelling what they smell, hearing what they hear. . .I now look forward to reading her other books.

If you like Women's fiction or just a good story? I recommend In All Deep Places.

5 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Great review Pammer! sounds like a great book!

 
At 1:21 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Awesome review, Pammer! I hope you don't mind I added purty pictures to it. Hey, did anybody tell Susan that your review of her book is up here? I think she'd be pleased.
Camy

 
At 11:41 AM, March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's a total sweetheart too, by the way, if any of you were wonderin'. She'll be at Mount Hermon, and she's supposed to be bringing Girl Scout cookies, but we'll wait and see about that. ; )

Can't wait to see you there again, Camy-girl, but will the rest of you be there? It'd be cool to meetcha!

Back to work I go.
donna

 
At 11:42 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Susan Meissner said...

I just saw the post on the ACFW loop! I am wowed by such wonderful words about these characters and this story. This tale bled out of me in all kinds of ways, so I am pleased beyond words. Really. The Fab Four site is definitely fab!

Blessings back to you!
Susan :)

 
At 9:04 PM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Hey Donna! Thanks for stopping by again. I won't be going to Mt Hermon. Sure wish I was though.

Susan thank you so much for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home