Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Heather's Sarcastic Saturday

What is it about blogs?? They’re this insane addiction for some people. I know people who will stare at their own blog in complete adoration. (shhh, Camy Tang, you can find her links to the right, LOVES her blog.) Other’s write in them excessively. Then there are those like me, who have this obsessive need to read blogs. We have our favorites that we read every day… waiting with bated breath for there to be a new post by our favorite blog authors. I also have a B list of blogs that I check once a week.

Man the topic ranges for blogs!

Personal blogs… which I’m sorry those blogs that tell you and I quote, “today I washed the dishes… they was crusted over plates from the cheese omelet I made this morning for my hubby Joe Bob. He shore do like him some eggs. After I did the dishes, I watched my shows. GIRL! You won’t believe what Harley did to Beth today! It was insane! Then when Joe Bob got home, I helped him clean out the lint trap that was the highlight of my day, I tell you! That man sure can remove lint! Then we put Emmy down and she threw a tantrum… okay you get the picture. Why do we need every boring detail of your life? And what’s more, are we pathetic for reading this stuff? Yeah, okay I see it if you know the person, but if you don’t? Why people??? Don’t get me wrong, there are some personal blogs that are interesting, like mine of course, that one is pure brilliance, I tell ya! (My blog link is also to your right. LOL)

Business blogs… okay really, we want to read a blog about the special widget that knows how to spin, why?

Author’s blogs, oooh now there, there is something I can dig. If it’s about writing, I’m there. Er, well sometimes, LOL. These I’m split on, some are so great. Others, well…

Then there are the blogs that I can’t talk about… hello CBA guidelines! LOL we won’t even discuss those.

So give me some feedback, what’s your take on blogs? Why you read them, why you have one…

7 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, March 11, 2006, Anonymous Pet said...

Hey, Heather!

You know, I've wondered about blogs for a while too...especially when I see who are leaving the blogs. I've seen a few of the ones you're talking about.

Why do I read blogs? Now, it's part of my job actually. Thankfully, those blogs are from readers on books they're reading so no dish washing stories for us.

I stopped reading those right after I stopped laughing.

Love ya, chicky!!

 
At 2:13 AM, March 11, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

I am "outed." I have been known to stare at my blog in adoration. Isn't that just sick???

I actually figured out why. I discussed this with Heather. It's a control thing. I love the complete control I have over my blog--the design, colors, and content. Heck, I even picked up a little html just so I could change my blog design.

My obsessive need for control is probably a deep spiritual issue I will have to deal with one day, but for now I'm just basking in all the PINKNESS on my blog.

Camy

 
At 7:58 AM, March 11, 2006, Blogger Mirtika said...

I like my blog a lot. I don't love it, cause I have zip skills in design and am HTML-limited, so I don't have it exactly how I'd want to have it. BUT...the content is mine. And I like that it's all mine, no editor, no teamwork, no authority structure I'm accountable to. ME MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEM. My preferences, my thoughts, my opinions, no matter how wonky or snarky. MEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEME. :)

If I had the ability to fashion it exactly how i wished, I'd probably stare in adoration like Camy, too.

Hers is way cooler than mine. FOR NOW....hehehehe.
Mir

PS--I read blogs for info and for insight into people's heads. And it's gotta be fun for me. I also look for a particular voice. I don't tend to like blogs where people are too nicey-nicey. I like real people showing themselves in their insecure-imperfect-snarky-dejected-depressed-ambitious-opinionated selves.

Mir

 
At 12:01 PM, March 11, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

I have my favorites, if I have the time. I rarely find anything boring and if I do, I just don't read it. :0)

Squirl, she didn't mention that the links to our blogs are to the right also. Yours is good. Mine is one of the boring ones, I bet. I have lots of pictures. :0)

LOL on the naked squirrel.

 
At 4:39 PM, March 11, 2006, Blogger Ane Mulligan said...

I love them if they have something good to offer. :)
Gina Holmes blog has author interviews, mine is all Christian book reviews. Not a thing about me! I love to read about others' road to publishing, and then I adore funny ones like this!

Thanks for the silly offering today. It was fun!

 
At 10:47 AM, March 14, 2006, Anonymous Synner said...

I'll admit that I've become a blog junkie in the last month. Not only do I frequent the "fab four" blogs, but I've found some others, usually people I know or have met online. I've even been challenged to start leaving comments on them (thank you, Heather). I'm like Mir. I like ones where people are themselves, no varnish or paint. Just real and letting their readers know where they stand (and also where they fall).

 
At 6:52 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Robin Caroll said...

Mine is a mix of personal and writing....just basically, whatever comes to mind and whatever I have time for. As for ones I read? Well, lately, I haven't had time to even read my faithfuls. But I'm catching up. BTW, I like this one....very cool! I'm impressed! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home