Fab Four Book Picks

Book reviews by the Fab Four and our Fab Friends

Friday, March 17, 2006

ALONG CAME LOVE by Carrie Turansky



ALONG CAME LOVE by Carrie Turansky
Steeple Hill Love Inspired
ISBN 0-373-87363

www.steeplehill.com

www.carrieturansky.com


TAKEN FROM BACK COVER:

PAST SECRETS...
After years of hiding from her past, single mom Lauren Woodman had finally returned to her Vermont hometown with her young son in tow. Reconnecting with her family and friends was Lauren's goal, until a snowstorm brought a mysterious stranger to town--and into her life.

PRESENT LOVE...
Wes Evans was struggling to find the path to God's love and forgiveness, after his work as a missionary in the Middle East made him question his calling. But his search for redemption threatened to hurt the one person who could heal his heart and soul...


FROM CHERYL:
I read ALONG CAME LOVE in one sitting. The story flew by and I forgot I was supposed to be reading it for review. LOL! I really enjoyed this book! I love how Carrie portrayed the character of Toby. She had me laughing on more than one occasion. Another thing I really liked about this book, is the author's setting and sensory descriptions put me RIGHTTHERE with the characters. I couldn't find one spot where I felt pulled out from the story as a reader. I really liked Wes, he's a strong hero in many ways. (Read the book to find out. Grin) Lauren is spunky with a great sense of humor. Wonderful example of a mother, too. I loved her. Storyline intriguing...I always love a good snowstorm as a story catalyst. Faith element woven well. It inspired me to dig deep in my own life. I love when a fiction book does that. I WANT ONE OF TILLEY'S APPLE--WALNUT MUFFINS!!!!! I know a book is good when I'm dying to eat something one of the characters wanted....only I can't put the book down 'cause it's better than food. As my hips can attest....that HARDLY ever happens.

Overall GREAT read. GO GET THIS APRIL RELEASE BOOK whereever books are sold.

This would be a great story to pick up for your study group too. There are some thought-provoking questions in the end.

If you'd like to win an autographed copy from the author, post a comment for this blog post....and we'll draw names next Friday, one week from today. Deadline for entry will be Noon on Friday. Please leave a way we can contact you--either your blogger profile, website address or your email[at]email.com (with the brackets to prevent spammers).

Happy reading!

Squirl

13 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Where is the guestbook? I would love to enter.

I visit your blog everyday, but don't post. I enjoy reading your reviews of books.

-Jennifer Yates

 
At 12:28 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger ScrollSquirrel said...

ATTENTION THOSE ENTERING FOR CARRIE TURANSKY'S BOOK:

THIS IS THE GUESTBOOK. LOL!

Just leave us a comment stating you'd like to be included in the drawing, and sign your name, and a way for us to contact you should you be the lucky winner.

Squirrel

 
At 12:30 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Oh okay...LOL...my e-mail is on my blog profile. My previous post is my entry (I guess)!

-Jennifer Yates

 
At 1:21 PM, March 17, 2006, Anonymous Carrie said...

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for this positve and thoughtful review! It's encouraging to hear you enjoyed the characters and story. Wow, you must be a speed reader to finish it in one sitting! : ) Yes, I love to cook and included some of my favorite foods in this story. I am working on the sequel now. The working title is Surrendered Hearts and it tells the story of Wes's siter Jennifer and his best friend Bill Morgan. I will be sure to put in some more yummy food references for you and my other hungry readers! Any one have questions about Along Came Love? I'll check back and answer if you do.

 
At 1:23 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

Okay, I'm not entering the contest because I already have it.

But I have to agree this is a GREAT book!! I didn't quite do it in one sitting, but it was a real page-turner!!

Michelle

 
At 1:48 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Thanks for stopping by Carrie! Glad to have you!

 
At 1:51 PM, March 17, 2006, Anonymous Synner said...

OOO! Can I be entered to win this book? Thanks, Synner (Hawkinsc@libcoop.net)

 
At 2:42 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Chaos-Jamie said...

What are the odds that I could win two books in a month? Oh well, I'll try anyway.
Different books, almost different places. :-)

 
At 2:52 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Pammer said...

Hey! Can I enter to win? :D

Jamie's pretty lucky, you have to watch her. She's also a neat friend to have. Glad to see you here.

Hugs!

 
At 3:03 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Great review, Cheryl! I have this book, too--now I can't wait to read it!
camy

 
At 4:13 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger KimW said...

I'd like to be entered in the drawing for Along Came Love. Humor and intrigue...sounds like a great story! (rwestgaard at ameritech.net)

 
At 6:53 PM, March 17, 2006, Anonymous Carrie said...

Hi All,

Reading Cheryl's comments gave me a great idea. I think I will add some of these recipes from ALONG CAME LOVE to my website. : ) That will be a fun way to connect with readers who got hungry while reading the story. Cheryl, I'll let you know when I post that Apple-walnut Muffin recipe! They are easy and very good!
Blessings, Carrie

 
At 10:10 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger L. Harris said...

Sounds like a fun read, Carrie! Congrats on the sale!

Lisa Harris
www.myblogintheheartofafrica.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home